What I Learned at OIMB (Besides the School Stuff)
1. Marine biology is hard.
2. Always step on the barnacles instead of the algae (they don’t get hurt as much as you think).
3. Just because a historical bell has never been broken doesn’t mean you can’t be the first.
4. Overalls and fun socks are cool.
5. Coffee shop noises can be found on YouTube and are helpful to study with.
6. Nudibranchs are cute as I’ll get at.
7. Ocean acidification is less known than it should be.
8. Much of research stats published are wrong (though we’re working on it).
9. Studying at the coast does not guarantee that you get to eat fish.
10. Cormorants are flying demon spawn and their projectile poop will ruin your car’s paint job.
11. Everything is connected.